Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the motherboard in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Note: Before disconnecting cables or removing components, note each connection location for later use. Creating a diagram of the connections can be helpful.
Remove the motherboard
Replace the motherboard
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Before opening the case, be aware of and observe all electrostatic discharge precautions.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, note the locations of all cable connections to the motherboard, and then disconnect them.
- Remove all add-in cards.
- Remove the memory DIMMS.
- If desired for more room, you can remove the chassis fan, but it is not necessary.
- Remove the six screws that secure the motherboard in the case.
- Slide the motherboard toward the front of the case until the rear ports clear the frame of the case.
- Tilt the motherboard up, and then lift it free of the case.
- Position the motherboard in the case about one-half inch forward from its installed position.
- Slide the motherboard to the rear of the case until the rear panel ports and the six screw holes in the motherboard are aligned correctly with the case.
- Secure the motherboard with six screws.
- If previously removed, replace the chassis fan.
- Replace the memory DIMMS.
- Replace all add-in cards.
- Reconnect all cable connections to the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- At the rear of the case, connect external device cables and the power cord, and then turn on the computer.