Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the chassis fan in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Remove the chassis fan
Replace the chassis fan
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, the chassis fan is located in the middle rear of the case.
- Follow the fan cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this location, and then disconnect the cable.
- On the rear of the computer case, remove the four screws that secure the fan to the case.
- Remove the fan from the case.
- Align the fan in the case so that the label on the fan faces the case's fan vent and the fan cable extends from the lower corner nearest you. This ensures that air exhausted from the rear of the case and the cable is positioned correctly.
- On the rear of the computer case, secure the fan in the case with four screws.
- Connect the fan cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.