Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the power supply in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Remove the power supply
Replace the power supply
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, the power supply is located in the upper rear corner.
- If desired for more stability, you can carefully lay the computer on its right side.
- Disconnect all the power leads. Note the locations of each connection. At the minimum, there are power leads to each drive and two leads to the motherboard.
- On the rear of the computer case, remove the four screws that secure the power supply to the case.
- Inside the case, slide the power supply toward the front of the case a short distance, and then lift it out.
- Verify that the voltage switch on the rear of the power supply is set to the proper voltage for your area. In the United States, the voltage switch needs to be set at 115.
- Align the power supply so that the tabs inside the computer case align with the slots on the top of the power supply, and then slide the power supply to the rear of the case.
- On the rear of the computer case, secure the power supply in the case with four screws.
- Connect the power leads to the internal devices and the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.