Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace an add-in card in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Note: The steps in this document can be used as general guidelines for removing and installing any PCI add-in card. A modem was used in this example.
Remove the add-in card
Replace the add-in card
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- If desired for more stability, you can carefully lay the computer on its right side.
- Inside the case, the add-in card slots are located near the bottom rear corner.
- Remove the screw that secures the add-in card bracket to the computer case.
- Lift the add-in card out of the slot. Alternately pulling up each end of the add-in card in a rocking motion can be helpful.
- Align the add-in card with the desired slot, and then firmly press the card into place.
- Secure the add-in card bracket to the computer case with one screw.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.