Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I enable the guest account?A: Windows XP
- In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
- Double-click Guest account, and then click Turn on the Guest Account.
- Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Manage.
- From the list of folders that appears in the left pane of the Computer Manager window, click the plus sign (+) next to Local Users and Groups.
- Click the Users folder.
- In the right pane, right-click the Guest account folder.
- From the menu that opens, click Properties. Clear the Account is disabled check box, and then click OK.
Note: This step is not necessary in Windows 98 or Windows Me.