Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1003255, 1003256, 1003257, 1003258, 1003462, 1003463, 1003466, 1003774, 1003776, 1003778,
1003779, 1003920, 1004301, 1004313, 1004425, 1004453, 1004651, 1004705, 1004828, 1004997,
1004999, 1005003, 1005149, 1005150, 1005262, 1005263, 1005264, 1006187, 1006327, 1006446,
3500551, 3500552, 3500695, 3500731, 3500732
Q: How do I adjust the volume controls?A:
The volume is adjusted by using the volume control wheel on the side of the notebook or by adjusting the volume controls in Windows. Using the volume controls in Windows, the overall volume level or just the volume for a specific device can be adjusted. Even when adjusting the volume in Windows, the volume control wheel must be turned on or no sound will be heard.
To adjust overall volume level
- Check to see if the speaker icon appears on the taskbar.
If the speaker icon appears on the taskbar, go to Step 5.
- OR -
If the speaker icon does not appear on the taskbar, go to Step 2.
- On your screen, locate and click Start. From the Start menu point to Settings, then Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Multimedia icon. The Multimedia Properties dialog box opens.
- Select Show Volume Control on the Taskbar and click OK. The speaker icon appears on the taskbar.
- Double-click on the taskbar to open the Volume Control dialog box.
- In the Volume Control dialog box, drag the volume control slider up or down to increase or decrease the volume.
To adjust specific volume levels
- Double-click the speaker icon on the taskbar. The Volume Control dialog box opens.
- Check to see if the device you want to adjust appears in the Volume Control dialog box.
- If the device appears in the Volume Control dialog box, go to Step 6.
- OR -
If the device does not appear in the Volume Control dialog box, go to Step 4.
- Select Options, then Properties. The Audio Properties dialog box opens.
- In the Audio Properties dialog box, select the audio device you want to appear in the Volume Control dialog box and click OK.
- Drag the volume level and balance sliders for the device you want to adjust and then close the window.