How do I remove and replace the main battery on my notebook?
Notebook Battery Recall
- Close the LCD panel.
Note: If you are using an optional port replicator, disconnect it from the notebook.
- If your notebook is on and connected to AC power, or has a charged multi-bay battery installed, go to Step 4. If your notebook is on, is not plugged into an AC outlet, or does not have a charged multi-bay battery installed, save your work, and then shut down Windows® and turn off the computer.
- Turn your notebook over so that the bottom is facing up.
- If the notebook is equipped with a battery lock, slide it to the unlocked position.
- Slide the battery release latch, and then slide the battery out of the bay.
- Slide the new battery into the bay until it snaps into place.
- If the notebook is equipped with a battery lock, slide the battery lock to the locked position.
- Turn the notebook over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel and press the power button.
For additional instructions on replacing your battery, select your notebook type from our Support Documents page, and then click FAQs.