Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008796, 1008797, 1008798, 1008799, 1008800, 1008801, 1008803, 1008859R, 1008863R, 1008865R,
1008916, 1008962, 1008963, 1008973, 1008989, 1008994, 1009020, 1009028, 1009030, 1009031,
1009046, 1009048R, 1009049, 1009050, 1009064R, 1009066, 1009072, 1009086, 1009090, 1009092,
1009095, 1009096, 1009097, 1009098, 1009136, 1013841R, 1013864R, 1013865R, 1013866R, 1013867R,
1013868R, 1013873R, 1013874R, 1013875R, 1013876R, 1013896R, 1013898R, 1013916R, 1013918R, 1013920R,
1013928R, 1013935R, 1013936R, 1013937R, 1013944R, 1013945R, 1013958R, 1013960R, 1013961R, 1013962R,
1013963R, 1013973R, 1013976R, 1013978R, 1013979R, 1013980R, 1013983R, 1014028R, 1014033R, 1014061R,
1014065R, 1014068R, 1014072R, 1014077R, 1014078R, 1014079R, 1014080R, 1014109R, 1014112R, 1014114R,
1014224R, 1014337R, 1014338R, 2905896R, 2905898R, 290589R
Q: How do I conserve battery power on my notebook?A: While using the battery to power your notebook, conserve power by:
- Dimming the display as low as is comfortable.
- Removing PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards when you do not need them. Many PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards use a small amount of power while inserted, even if they are not being used.
- Modifying the power management settings for maximum power savings.
- Closing the LCD panel to turn off the display while you are not using your notebook computer. The display stays off until you open the panel again.
- Using Hibernate mode for maximum power savings while your notebook computer is not in use.
- Using the CD, DVD, or recordable drive only when necessary. These drives use a large amount of power.
- Recharging the battery often, taking an extra battery, and fully recharging the batteries before traveling.
Using alternate power sources
- If traveling internationally, take electrical adapters. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter. If you plan on taking your AC power adapter, also take a single-plug surge protector.
- If you have access to an automobile cigarette lighter, use a power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- If you have access to an EmPower in-flight power receptacle, use an airplane/automobile power adapter or power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- To find AC power outlets in airports, look for them next to support pillars, in large areas such as boarding gates, and under banks of telephones.