Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008638, 1008645, 1008647, 1008648, 1008666, 1008959, 1009004, 1009015, 1013877R, 1013924R,
1013946R, 1013977R, 1014340R, 2905895R
Gateway S-7710N, Gateway S-7710NXQ: How do I conserve battery power on my notebook?A: While using the battery to power your notebook, conserve power by:
- Dimming the display as low as is comfortable.
- Removing PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards when you do not need them. Many PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards use a small amount of power while inserted, even if they are not being used.
- Modifying the power management settings for maximum power savings.
- Closing the LCD panel to turn off the display while you are not using your notebook computer. The display stays off until you open the panel again.
- Using Hibernate mode for maximum power savings while your notebook computer is not in use.
- Using the CD, DVD, or recordable drive only when necessary. These drives use a large amount of power.
- Recharging the battery often, taking an extra battery, and fully recharging the batteries before traveling.
Using alternate power sources
- If traveling internationally, take electrical adapters. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter. If you plan on taking your AC power adapter, also take a single-plug surge protector.
- If you have access to an automobile cigarette lighter, use a power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- If you have access to an EmPower in-flight power receptacle, use an airplane/automobile power adapter or power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- To find AC power outlets in airports, look for them next to support pillars, in large areas such as boarding gates, and under banks of telephones.