Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008637, 1008644, 1008652, 1008655, 1008667, 1008958, 1009001, 1009002, 1009022, 1014339R,
Q: Why does my notebook seem slower when using the battery as the power source?A: The processor installed in your notebook uses Intel SpeedStep™ technology to conserve battery power. SpeedStep-equipped processors can change operating speeds according to available power. Your notebook's default settings operate the processor at full speed while connected to AC power and at reduced speed (which uses less power) while using battery power.
Follow these steps to change SpeedStep settings.
- On your screen locate and click Start. From the Start menu, select Settings, then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Power Management icon.
- In the Power Management Properties dialog box, click the Intel SpeedStep technology tab.
- Change any of the following settings:
- To run the processor at full speed regardless of the power source, change the Running on batteries setting to Maximum Performance.
- To run the processor at reduced speed, using less power, regardless of the power source, change the Plugged in setting to Battery Optimized Performance.
- To disable SpeedStep technology control, click Advanced, select the Disable Intel SpeedStep technology control check box, then click OK.
- To remove the SpeedStep icon from the taskbar, click Advanced, select the Remove icon from taskbar check box, then click OK.
- Click OK to save changes to the power management settings.