Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008637, 1008644, 1008652, 1008655, 1008667, 5961, 5962, 6244, 6245Q: How do I change the modular drive in this notebook?A:
- If you are removing an optical drive, floppy disk drive, or a memory card reader, verify that the module is empty.
- On the taskbar, click the remove hardware icon, select the drive you are removing, and then click Stop. You can also just turn off the computer (do not place it in Standby or Hibernate mode).
Note: If the remove hardware icon does not appear on the taskbar, click the show hidden icons button.
- Close the LCD panel. If necessary, disconnect the computer from the optional port replicator and turn the computer over.
- Remove the lock screw next to the module bay latch.
- Slide and hold the bay module latch. The module may move out slightly.
- Slide the bay module out.
- Firmly push the new bay module straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Replace the lock screw next to the module bay latch.
- Turn your notebook over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel.
- If your notebook is on, click OK to continue working on your notebook or if your notebook is off, turn it on.