Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008794, 1008801, 1008803, 1008989, 1009112, 1014338R
Q: How do I connect and disconnect the optional port replicator for this notebook?A: You can attach your notebook to the optional port replicator while your notebook is off, on, or in Standby mode.
Note: The notebook may detect additional devices and add drivers after being attached to the port replicator. This process must be completed for components to work correctly. Follow any on-screen instructions, if necessary.
- Connect external devices to the ports on the port replicator.
- Align the connector holes on the bottom of your notebook with the docking posts on the port replicator.
- Press down on the outside edges of the notebook until it snaps in place.
Note: Do not press in the middle of the notebook or you may damage the LCD screen.
Note: You can separate your notebook from the port replicator while your notebook is off or on (not in Standby or Hibernate mode).
- If your notebook is off, go to Step 2. If your notebook is on, from the Start menu, click Undock Computer.
Note: The Undock Computer menu item appears in the Start menu only while the notebook is docked.
- Press down on the docking release latch. The notebook will spring up slightly.
- Lift the notebook off of the port replicator.