Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008798, 1008799, 1008800, 1008859R, 1008973, 1009046, 1009097, 1009098, 290589R
Q: How do I add or replace memory modules in this notebook?A: This notebook uses Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMMs) memory modules. There is one user accessible memory slot in this notebook.
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the optional port replicator, disconnect the modem and network cables, and remove the battery before removing the memory bay cover. Replace the cover before restoring power or reconnecting the modem and network cables.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Adding or Replacing Memory Modules
- Shut down the computer
- Disconnect the optional port replicator.
- Disconnect the power adapter, modem cable, and network cable if they are connected to the notebook.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove any PC cards.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the main battery.
- Loosen the memory bay cover screw (this screw cannot be removed).
- Remove the memory bay cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of the memory module and slowly press outward on the two clips at the same until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SODIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover, and then tighten the cover screw.
- Insert the battery, and then turn on the computer.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and then turn on the computer.