Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008798, 1008799, 1008800, 1008859R, 1008973, 1009046, 1009097, 1009098, 290589R
Q: How do I install or replace the battery on this notebook?A: If your notebook is connected to AC power, you can change the battery while your notebook is turned on. If your notebook is not plugged into an AC outlet,
you must turn your notebook off while changing the battery.
Follow these steps to change the battery:
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- If your notebook is on and is connected directly to AC power (not using a port replicator), go to Step 3. If your notebook is on and is not plugged into an AC outlet, save your work and turn off your notebook.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Turn your notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Press the small square button on the battery, slide the battery release latch to the right, and then slide the battery out of your notebook.
- Slide a recharged battery into your notebook until it snaps into place.
- Turn your notebook over.
- Reattach the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel.