Frequently Asked Questions
NX850X Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008596, 1008597, 3400467, 3400468
Q: How do I replace the optical drive on the Gateway M680 or NX850 notebook?A:
- Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
- Verify that the drive is empty.
- Shut down the computer, close the LCD panel, and then disconnect the power adapter.
- Disconnect the modem and network cables.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove any PC cards.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Slide the battery lock to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch.
- Slide the battery out of the bay.
- Remove the lock screw for the optical drive bay.
- Insert a small, straight wire, such as end of a paper clip into the emergency eject hole of the optical drive and press it until the tray ejects.
- Gently guide the drive straight out of the bay.
- Insert the new drive into the optical bay.
- Tighten the lock screw for the optical drive bay.
- Insert the battery, and then turn over the computer.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, open the lid, and then turn on the computer.