Frequently Asked Questions
NX850X Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008596, 1008597, 3400467, 3400468
Q: How do I remove or replace the battery in the Gateway M680 or NX850 notebook?A: Removing the Battery
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- If your notebook is on and is connected to AC power, go to Step 3. If the computer is on and is not plugged into an AC outlet, save your work and turn off the computer.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery lock to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch (upper left) and hold while sliding the battery out of the bay.
Inserting the Battery
- Slide a recharged battery into the bay and press down until it snaps into place.
- Slide the battery lock to the lock position.
- Turn your notebook over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel and press the power button.