Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I change the audio jack settings on the Gateway M675?A: Using the Sigmatel Universal Jacks utility, you can change the function of the audio ports on the Gateway® M675 and the optional port replicator.
To change the function of the audio port:
- Connect your audio device(s) to the notebook or port replicator universal jack(s).
- From the Start menu, point to All Programs, SigmaTel, and then click SigmaTel Universal Jacks.
- In the Sigmatel Universal Jacks dialog box, click the arrow button to open a universal jack list, and then click the function you want.
To use the Speaker Wizard:
- From the Start menu, point to All Programs, SigmaTel, then click Speaker Wizard.
- On the Sigmatel Speaker Wizard welcome screen, click Next.
- The wizard cycles through each of the universal jacks. When you hear a sound, click on the speaker that the sound is coming from or click No Sound if you do not hear a sound from any of your speakers.
- Repeat Step 5 until all your speakers have been identified.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you are configuring a jack for stereo in, and you want to hear the input signal through your speakers, you must also set up your notebook for audio pass through.
To set up the audio pass through:
- From the Start menu, point to All Programs, SigmaTel, and then click Audio PassThru Control Panel.
- In the Pass Through dialog box, verify that the Pass Through check box is selected.
- In the top-right corner of the dialog box, click X to close it.