Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I activate S/PDIF digital audio on the Gateway M675 notebook?A: Follow these steps to activate S/PDIF digital audio.
- Connect the Toslink digital audio cable to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the S/PDIF digital audio jack.
- Plug the other end of the Toslink cable into your stereo receiver.
- Open Volume Control.
- In Microsoft® Windows® XP, from the Start menu, click Control Panel. In Control Panel (Category View), click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices. In the Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices dialog box, click Adjust the system volume. In the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box, on the Volume tab, in the Device volume area, click Advanced.
- In Windows® 2000, on the taskbar, double-click the speaker icon.
- In the Volume Control window, click Advanced. If the Advanced button does not appear in the Volume Control window, from the Options menu, click Advanced Controls.
- In the Advanced Controls for Volume Control dialog box, click to select the Enable SPDIF or SPDIF check box.