Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007741, 1007742, 1007743, 1007745, 1007773, 1007806, 1007911, 1008017, 1008089, 1008093,
1008134, 1008135, 1008150, 1008152, 1008153, 1008193, 1008517, 1008698, 3501731, 3501732,
3501765, 3501840, 3501841, 3501842, 3501843
Q: How do I change the main hard drive in the Gateway M675 notebook?A: Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
To replace the hard drive:
- Turn off your notebook, disconnect the AC adapter and modem and network cables.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the hard drive bay cover screw.
- Remove the hard drive bay cover.
- Slide the hard drive away from the connector.
- Lift the end of the hard drive furthest from the connector, and then remove the drive from the bay.
- If your new hard drive is already in the hard drive kit bracket, go to step 14.
If you need to move the hard drive kit bracket from your old hard drive kit to your new hard drive, go to step 10.
- Remove the four screws (two on each side) that secure the hard drive to the hard drive kit bracket.
- Remove the bracket from the old drive.
- Insert the new drive into the bracket so the screw holes line up.
- Replace the four screws that secure the bracket to the drive.
- Place the new hard drive in the bay.
- Slide the new hard drive into the connector.
- Replace the hard drive bay cover.
- Tighten the cover screw.
- Insert the battery.
- Turn your notebook over, and reattach the optional port replicator.
- Connect the power adapter and modem and network cables, and then turn on your notebook.
For information on upgrading your notebook computer, select your notebook type from our Support Documents page, and then click Upgrade Information.