Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007741, 1007742, 1007743, 1007745, 1007773, 1007806, 1007911, 1008017, 1008089, 1008093,
1008134, 1008135, 1008150, 1008152, 1008153, 1008193, 1008517, 1008698, 3501731, 3501732,
3501765, 3501840, 3501841, 3501842, 3501843
Q: How do I view the Gateway M675 or M275 display on a television?A: Note: To turn on external video by default, connect the television, or other external video device, before starting the computer.
Audio is not transmitted through the TV out jack. Use the built-in speakers, a set of headphones or external powered speakers, or connect the computer to a stereo system to hear sound while playing a DVD. DVD playback to a VCR is scrambled by copyright protection technology.
Follow these steps to view the Gateway® M675 display on a television.
- With your notebook off, connect one end of a standard S-Video cable to the S-Video out jack.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Video in jack on the television or VCR.
- Turn on the television or VCR.
- Start the notebook.
- Open Control Panel.
- In Microsoft® Windows® XP, from the Start menu, click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. If your Control Panel is in Category View, click Appearance and Themes.
- In Windows® 98 or Windows® 2000, from the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click or double-click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- In the (Multiple Monitors) and RADEON 9600 Properties dialog box, click the Displays tab.
- On the Displays tab, click the Enable TV button, if it is not already enabled.
- Click TV to make any adjustments to the TV settings.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to close the Default Monitor and RADEON 9600 Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
- Click X to close Control Panel.