Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008586, 1008592, 1008593Q: How can I view this notebook's display on a television?A: To turn on external video by default, connect the television, or other external video device, before starting the computer.
Audio is not transmitted through the TV out jack. Use the built-in speakers, a set of headphones or external powered speakers, or connect the computer to a stereo system to hear sound while playing a DVD. DVD playback to a VCR is scrambled by copyright protection technology.
Follow these steps to view the display on a television.
- With your notebook off, connect one end of a standard S-Video cable to the S-Video out jack on your notebook or optional port replicator.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Video in jack on the television or VCR.
- Turn on the television or VCR.
- Start the notebook.
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. If your Control Panel is in Category View, click Appearance and Themes.
- In Control Panel, click or double-click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- In the Multiple Monitors and ATI Mobility Radeon X600 Properties dialog box, click the Displays tab.
- On the Displays tab, click the Enable TV button, if it is not already enabled.
- Click TV to make any adjustments to the TV settings.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to close the Multiple Monitors and ATI Mobility Radeon X600 Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
- Click X to close Control Panel.