Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008586, 1008592, 1008593Q: How can I view this notebook's display on an external monitor or projector?A: You can use your notebook for giving presentations by connecting an external monitor or projector to your monitor (VGA) port. Your notebook supports simultaneous LCD and CRT display. Simultaneous display lets you control the presentation from your notebook and at the same time face your audience.
Note: If an external monitor or projector is connected and you close the LCD panel, your notebook turns off the LCD panel, but does not enter Standby mode.
Follow these steps to use a projector or external monitor.
- Turn off your notebook.
- Plug the projector or monitor cable into the VGA port on your notebook or the optional port replicator.
- Turn on your notebook.
- Plug the projector's or monitor's power cord into an AC power source and turn it on. Windows® recognizes the new hardware and searches for its driver. You may need to install the driver from the disc supplied by the manufacturer or download the driver from the manufacturer's Web site.
- After the driver is installed, right-click any empty space on the desktop, and then click Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, right-click the second monitor icon (labeled 2), and then click Attached.
- Click Apply.
- Adjust properties such as Screen Resolution or Color Quality if necessary.
- Click OK.
Note: Press FN+F4 to switch between viewing the display on the LCD panel and viewing the display on the projector or monitor.