Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007879, 1007881, 1007882, 3501777, 3501778, 3501779, 3501780, 3501788, 3501789
Q: How do I change the battery in the Gateway M405 notebook?A: If your notebook is plugged into an AC outlet, you can change the battery while your notebook is turned on. If your notebook is not plugged into an AC outlet, you must turn your notebook off while changing the battery.
- If the computer is on and is plugged into an AC outlet, go to step 2. If the computer is on and is not plugged into an AC outlet, save your work and turn off the computer.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over so the bottom is facing up.
- Slide the battery release latch to release the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the bay.
- Place a recharged battery into the bay and press down until it snaps into place.
- Turn the computer over.
- Turn your notebook over and reattach the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel and press the power button.