Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007879, 1007881, 1007882, 3501777, 3501778, 3501779, 3501780, 3501788, 3501789
Q: How do I close unresponsive programs and restart the Gateway M405 notebook?A:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. A window opens that allows you to close a program that is not responding.
- Click to select the program that is not responding.
- Click End Task to close the program.
- If the computer does not respond, turn it off, wait ten seconds, and then turn it on again.
As a part of the regular startup process, a program to check the disk status runs automatically. When the checks are finished, the Microsoft® Windows® operating system starts.
Important: If the computer does not turn off immediately, complete the following steps until the computer turns off.
- Press and hold the power button for about five seconds, and then release it.
- Insert a straightened paper clip into the reset hole on the bottom of the computer.
- Remove AC power and the battery for more than 10 seconds.