Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007879, 1007881, 1007882, 3501777, 3501778, 3501779, 3501780, 3501788, 3501789
Q: How do I attach the port replicator to the Gateway M405 notebook?A:
Note: The computer may detect additional devices and add drivers after being attached to the port replicator. This process must be completed for components to work correctly. Follow any on-screen instructions, if necessary.
Attaching to the Port Replicator
You can attach the computer to the port replicator while the computer is off, on, or in Standby mode.
- Connect external devices to the ports on the port replicator.
- Align the connector holes on the bottom of your computer with the docking posts on the port replicator.
- Press down on the computer until it snaps into place.
Note: Press down on the outside edges of the computer. Do not press in the middle or you may damage the LCD screen.
Separating From the Port Replicator
You can separate the computer from the port replicator while the computer is off or on, but not in Standby or Hibernate mode.
- If your computer is off, go to step 2.
- If your computer is on and using Microsoft® Windows® XP, from the Start menu, click Undock Computer. The Undock Computer menu item appears on the Start menu only while the computer is docked.
- If your computer is on and using Windows 2000, from the Start menu, click Eject PC. The Eject PC menu item appears on the Start menu only while the computer is docked.
- Press down on both docking release latches. The computer springs up slightly.