Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2900604, 2900605, 2900606, 2900607, 2900609, 2900612, 2900654, 2900677, 2900749, 2900750,
3400091, 3400092, 3400095, 3400335, 3400336, 3501936, 3501937, 3501941, 3501942, 3501987
Q: How do I use the memory card reader on the Gateway M320 notebook?A: The memory card reader supports the following card types.
- MemoryStick Pro®
- Secure Digital
Important: Do not use the remove hardware icon on the taskbar to remove the memory card.
To insert the memory card:
- Remove the protector from the media reader and insert the memory card into the memory card slot. Cards may vary but they are usually inserted with the label facing up and the arrow on the label pointing toward the computer. Check the specific card for instructions.
- Access the file on the memory card.
- From the Start menu, click My Computer. Double-click the drive letter (for example, the drive E), and then double-click the file name.
Note: Each slot is assigned a different drive letter (for example, drive E and drive F) so data can be transferred from one media type to another.
To remove the memory card:
- Verify that the disk drive status indicator is off.
- Pull the memory card out of the notebook.
Note: This notebook ships with a protector in the media slot. To protect the open slot, replace this protector when the media reader is not in use.