Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2900604, 2900605, 2900606, 2900607, 2900609, 2900612, 2900654, 2900677, 2900749, 2900750,
3400091, 3400092, 3400095, 3400335, 3400336, 3501936, 3501937, 3501941, 3501942, 3501987
Q: How do I add or replace memory modules in the Gateway M320 notebook?A: This notebook uses memory modules called Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMMs). The Gateway® M320 has two 200-pin industry standard DDR-SODIMM sockets that can accept 333 MHz DDR RAM memory modules The memory is expandable to 2 GB. Use only memory modules designed for your notebook for upgrading the memory.
Note: There is not a Slot 1/Slot 2 designation for the modules. Any module may be used in any available slot.
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the modem and network cables, and remove the battery before removing the memory bay cover. Replace the cover before restoring power or reconnecting the modem and network cables.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Adding or Replacing Memory Modules
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Slide the battery lock to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch.
- Slide the battery out of the bay.
- Remove the memory bay cover screw.
- Slide the memory bay cover.
- Remove the cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module.
- Slowly press outward on the two clips at the same until the module tilts upward.
- To install a memory module:
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SODIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover.
- Replace the memory bay cover screw.
- Insert the battery, and then turn on the computer.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and then turn on the computer.