Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007621, 1007641, 1007642, 1007685, 1007686, 1007710, 1007725, 1007726, 1007727, 1007765,
1007771, 1007831, 1007838, 1007843, 1007844, 1007902, 1007959, 1008001, 1008005, 1008010,
1008023, 1008025, 1008133, 1008192, 3004636, 3501715, 3501717, 3501719, 3501721, 3501782,
Q: How do I check the battery status on the Gateway M305CRV notebook?A: Closely monitor the battery charge. When the battery charge gets low, change the battery or connect to AC power immediately to prevent losing any unsaved work.
How to Monitor the Battery Charge
If your battery charge indicator displays what looks like an inaccurate charge, you may need to recalibrate the battery.
- On the taskbar, double-click the power cord icon or battery icon to open the Power Meter dialog box.
Note: If the power cord icon or battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, click the show hidden icons button.
- Press Fn+STATUS to view the power status box, which opens in the upper-left corner of the screen. The power status box shows the current power source, the battery charge level, and the power management mode.
- Look at the battery charge indicator.
- Press the battery meter button on the battery. The battery meter lights indicate the percentage of battery charge remaining.
- Wait for a Low Battery warning message to appear.