Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008547, 1008548, 1008549, 1008573, 1008588, 1008804, 1008805, 1008807, 1008808, 1008818,
1008866, 1008980, 1008985, 1008990, 1009036, 1009063, 1009089, 1013921R, 2900824, 5374,
5414, 5944, 5945
Q: Why does the video on my Gateway Convertible notebook appear to be operating differently when I am on battery power?A: The ATI Mobility drivers have a feature called POWERPLAY, which allows you to control the notebook's graphics settings for optimal performance or for greater battery life. The settings can be customized for both AC power and battery power, allowing greater control of your computing experience.
To view or change the settings, perform the following steps.
- From the Start menu, click Control panel.
- In Control panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
- In the ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 SE Properties dialog box, click the POWERPLAY(tm) tab.
- In the POWERPLAY(tm) tab, view the current status. Note the Enable POWERPLAY(tm) check box. Clearing the check box disables POWERPLAY(tm). To change settings, click POWERPLAY(tm) Settings.
- In the Properties dialog box, change settings for AC power, High Battery, and Low Battery by moving their respective slide bars to the desired settings. Change the low battery percent by clicking the up or down arrows. To return all settings to default values, click Defaults. When finished, click OK.
- Close all dialog boxes and windows.