Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008547, 1008548, 1008549, 1008573, 1008588, 1008804, 1008805, 1008807, 1008808, 1008818,
1008866, 1008980, 1008985, 1008990, 1009036, 1009063, 1009089, 1013921R, 2900824, 5374,
5414, 5944, 5945
Q: How do I monitor the battery charge on the Gateway convertible notebook?A: Closely monitor the battery charge. When the battery charge gets low, change the battery or connect to AC power immediately to prevent losing any unsaved work.
To monitor the battery charge:
- Double-tap or double-click the power cord icon or battery icon in the taskbar. The Power Meter dialog box opens.
Note: If the power cord or battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, click the show hidden icons button. If the icon still does not appear, verify that Always show icon on the taskbar is checked on the Power Options Properties Advanced tab.
- Look at the battery charge indicator.
- LED blue - battery is fully charged.
- LED purple - battery is charging.
- LED blinking red - battery charge is very low.
- LED solid red - battery is malfunctioning.
- Wait for a Low Battery warning message to appear.
If your battery charge indicator displays what looks like an inaccurate charge, you may need to recalibrate the battery.