Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008547, 1008548, 1008549, 1008573, 1008588, 1008727, 1008739, 1008804, 1008805, 1008807,
1008808, 1008818, 1008866, 1008918, 1008935, 1008980, 1008985, 1008990, 1009036, 1009063,
1009089, 1009091, 1009202, 1009346, 1013921R, 1014341R, 1014382R, 1014383R, 1014384R, 1014418R,
2900824, 2905955R, 2905963R, 2905964R, 2905974R, 2906010R, 2906011R, 2906046R, 5374, 5414,
Q: How do I change bay modules in the Gateway convertible notebook?A: This convertible notebook's modular bay supports different bay modules, such as a CD, combination DVD/CD-RW, multi-format DVD±RW drive, or multi-bay battery.
Follow these steps to change bay modules.
- If you are removing a drive, verify that there is no disc in it.
- Turn off your convertible notebook (do not place it in Standby or Hibernate mode).
- Verify that the LCD panel is in notebook mode, then close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your convertible notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn your convertible notebook over so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the modular bay lock screw (if one is present).
- Slide and hold the module bay latch. The module should move out slightly.
- Slide the module out.
- Firmly push the new module straight into the bay until the latch clicks into place.
- Replace the module bay lock screw (if one is present).
- If you are using a multi-bay battery instead of a main battery, insert the weight saver that was included with your multi-bay battery into the main battery bay.