Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2900753, 3501734, 3501735, 3501736, 3501737, 3501781, 3501844, 3501845, 3501846, 3501847,
3501848, 3501890, 3501892, 3501893, 3501923, 3501925, 5177, 8007409Q: How do I use the port replicator to view the Gateway M275 display on a television?A: Note: To turn on external video by default, connect the television, or other external video device, before starting the computer.
Audio is not transmitted through the TV out jack. Use the built-in speakers, a set of headphones or external powered speakers, or connect the computer to a stereo system to hear sound while playing a DVD. DVD playback to a VCR is scrambled by copyright protection technology.
Follow these steps to view the Gateway® M275 display on a television.
- With your convertible tablet notebook off, connect one end of a standard S-Video cable to the S-Video out jack on the port replicator.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Video in jack on the television or VCR.
- Turn on the television or VCR.
- Start the convertible tablet notebook.
- From the Start menu click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- In the Multiple Monitors and Intel Properties dialog box, click the Intel Extreme Graphics tab.
- On the Intel Extreme Graphics tab, click the Graphics Properties button.
- In the Intel Graphics Controller Properties dialog box, click the Television button.
Note: If the Television button is grayed out, your convertible tablet has not detected the television. Verify that the television is turned on and connected correctly.
- Click the arrow button to open the Colors list, and then click True Color.
- Click the arrow button to open the Screen Area list, and then click 640 by 480.
- Click the arrow button to open the Video Standard list, and then click NTSC-M.
- Click Apply. Your LCD panel will blank out and what was on your LCD panel now appears on your television.
Note: Your television may be able to run at a higher resolution. If the icons and screen area appear too large on your television, try a different Screen Area value.
- Click OK.