Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2900753, 3501734, 3501735, 3501736, 3501737, 3501781, 3501844, 3501845, 3501846, 3501847,
3501848, 3501890, 3501892, 3501893, 3501923, 3501925, 5177Q: How do I conserve battery power on the Gateway M275 Convertible Tablet Notebook?A: While using the battery to power your Gateway® M275 Convertible Tablet Notebook, conserve power by:
- Dimming the display as low as is comfortable. The brighter you set the LCD panel, the less battery life you have.
- Removing PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards when you do not need them. Many PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards use a small amount of power while inserted, even if they are not being used.
- Modifying the power management settings for maximum power savings.
- Closing the LCD panel to turn off the display while you are not using your notebook computer. The display stays off until you open the panel again.
- Using Hibernate mode for maximum power savings while your notebook computer is not in use.
- Using the CD, DVD, or recordable drive only when necessary. These drives use a large amount of power.
- Recharging the battery often, taking an extra battery, and fully recharging the batteries before traveling.
Using alternate power sources
- If traveling internationally, take electrical adapters. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter. If you plan on taking your AC power adapter, also take a single-plug surge protector.
- If you will have access to an automobile cigarette lighter, use a power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- To find AC power outlets in airports, look for them next to support pillars, in large areas such as boarding gates, and under banks of telephones.