Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
2900753, 3501734, 3501735, 3501736, 3501737, 3501781, 3501844, 3501845, 3501846, 3501847,
3501848, 3501890, 3501892, 3501893, 3501923, 3501925, 5177
Q: How do I add or replace memory modules in the Gateway M275 Convertible Tablet Notebook memory bay?A: The Gateway® M275 Convertible Tablet Notebook has two 200-pin industry standard DDR-SODIMM memory sockets; one is accessible under the keyboard and the other through this door
on the bottom of the chassis. The modules are 333MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM modules and are available in various capacities. This system supports a maximum of 2048 MB of memory. Use only memory modules designed for the Gateway M275 Convertible Tablet Notebook for upgrading your memory.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Follow these steps to add or replace memory in the memory bay.
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Disconnect from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Loosen the two memory bay cover screws.
- Remove the memory bay cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module, and then slowly press outward on the two clips at the same time until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SO-DIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover.
- Replace the two screws.
- Insert the battery, and then turn the notebook over.
- Reattach the optional port replicator.
- Connect the AC adapter and modem and network cables, then turn on the computer.