Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008469, 1008470, 1008476, 1008545, 2900782, 2900783, 2900807, 2900808, 3400087, 3400088,
3401842, 3401949, 3401951Q: How do I connect and disconnect the optional port replicator for the Gateway M250 notebook?A:
Important: Notes for using the optional port replicator:
- The notebook may detect additional devices and add drivers after being attached to the port replicator. This process must be completed for components to work
correctly. Follow any on-screen instructions, if necessary.
- The port replicator's power button controls both the notebook and the port replicator only after the port replicator is connected to AC power.
- The notebook's monitor port is disabled when the port replicator is connected to the notebook. If you want to use an external monitor, plug it into the monitor port on the port replicator.
- The notebook's Ethernet jack is disabled when the port replicator is connected to the notebook. If you want to connect to a cable or DSL modem, or to an Ethernet network, plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet jack on the port replicator.
- If you are using a USB or parallel port printer connected to the port replicator, you must select Virtual printer port for USB during the Windows® printer installation. Windows will not be able to detect your printer if you make a different selection.
Follow these steps to attach your notebook to the optional port replicator:
- Connect the power cord to the AC adapter that was packaged with your port replicator.
- Connect the AC adapter to your port replicator's power connector.
- Plug the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Connect external devices to the ports on the port replicator.
- Plug the port replicator into the port replicator jack on the notebook.
- Press the power button (A) located on the top of the port replicator.
Follow these steps to disconnect from the optional port replicator:
Note: You can separate your notebook from the port replicator while your notebook is off or on (not in Standby or Hibernate mode).
- If your notebook is off, go to Step 2. If your notebook is on, click Start, then click Undock Computer. The Undock Computer menu item appears in the Start menu only while the notebook is docked.
- Unplug the port replicator from the notebook.