Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008584, 1008589, 1008894, 5307, 5551, 5949, 6093, 6315, 6331
Q: How do I install or replace the main battery on the notebook?A: Removing the Battery
- If your notebook is on and is connected to AC power or has a charged secondary battery installed, go to Step 2. If the computer is on and is not plugged into an AC outlet, save your work and turn off the computer.
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect your notebook from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery lock (upper right) to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch (upper left) and hold while sliding the battery out of the bay.
Inserting the Battery
- Slide a recharged battery into the bay and press down until it snaps into place.
- Slide the battery lock to the lock position.
- Turn your notebook over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel and press the power button.