Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008574, 1008603, 1008829, 1008831, 1008972, 1008981, 1009037, 1009130, 5384, 5385,
5415, 5494, 5504, 5505, 5506, 5507, 5861, 5862, 5947, 5948
Q: How do I add or replace a memory module in this notebook?A: This notebook uses a Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMMs) and has one user accessible slot. Use only memory modules designed for your notebook for upgrading the memory.
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the modem and network cables, and remove the battery before removing the memory bay cover. Replace the cover before restoring power or reconnecting the modem and network cables.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Adding or Replacing Memory Modules
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery .
- Slide the battery lock to the unlock position.
- Slide the battery release latch.
- Slide the battery out of the bay.
- Remove the memory bay cover screw.
- Remove the memory bay cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module and slowly press outward on the two clips at the same until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SODIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover.
- Replace the memory bay cover screw.
- Insert the battery, and then turn on the computer.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and then turn on the computer.