TV Out Jack
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501353, 3501354, 3501355, 3501356, 3501751, 3501752, 3501753, 3501799, 3501810, 3501811,
3501812, 3501821, 3501822, 3501823, 3501824, 3501946, 3501947, 3501948, 3501949, 3501950,
3501951, 3501952, 3501953, 3501954, 3501955, 3501956
||The TV out, or NTSC/PAL Composite Video, jack on the notebook or port replicator lets you view the computer display on a television screen using a standard RCA video cable. The SVideo out jack on the port replicator lets you view your computer display on a television screen using a standard SVideo cable.
Note: To turn on external video by default, connect the television, or other external video device, before starting the computer.
Audio is not transmitted through the TV out jack. Use the builtin speakers, a set of headphones or external powered speakers, or connect the computer to a stereo system to hear sound while playing a DVD. DVD playback to a VCR is scrambled by copyright protection technology.
Viewing the Computer Display on a Television
- With the computer off, connect one end of the standard RCA video cable to the TV out, or Composite Video, jack on the computer or port replicator, or with the computer off, connect one end of a standard S-Video cable to the SVideo out jack on the port replicator.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Video in jack on the television or VCR.
- Turn on the television or VCR.
- Start the computer.
- Open Control Panel.
- In Microsoft® Windows® XP, from the Start menu, click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. If your Control Panel is in Category View, click Appearance and Themes.
- In Windows 2000, from the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click or doubleclick the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- In the Default Monitor and Mobility 7 Properties dialog box, click the Display tab.
- On the Display tab, click Enable TV, if it is not already enabled.
- Click TV to make any adjustments to the TV settings.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to close the Default Monitor and Mobility 7 Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
- Click X to close Control Panel.