Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501353, 3501354, 3501355, 3501356, 3501751, 3501752, 3501753, 3501946, 3501947, 3501948
Q: How do I add or replace the memory modules on the Gateway 450ROG?A:
||The memory bay is located on the bottom of the computer. This computer uses memory modules called Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SODIMM). The modules are available in various capacities. Use only memory modules designed for the Gateway® 450ROG for upgrading the memory.
Note: There is not a Slot 1/Slot 2 designation for the modules. Any module may be used in any available slot.
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the modem and network cables, and remove the main battery and optional secondary battery before removing the memory bay cover. Replace the cover before restoring power or reconnecting the modem and network cables.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Adding or Replacing Memory Modules
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Loosen the memory bay cover screw.
- Remove the memory bay cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module, and then slowly press outward on the two clips at the same until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SODIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SODIMM click into place.
- Replace the memory bay cover, and then replace the screw.
- Insert the battery, and then turn on the computer.
- Connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables, and then turn on the computer.