Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I change the bay modules on the Gateway 450ROG or 450RGH notebooks?A: Changing Bay Modules
- If you are removing a DVD drive, floppy disk drive, or a memory card reader, verify that the module is empty.
- On the taskbar, click the remove hardware icon, . Click to select the drive you are removing, and then click Stop or turn off the computer. Do not put the computer in Standby or Hibernate mode.
Note: If the remove hardware icon does not appear on the taskbar, click the show hidden icons button, .
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect the computer from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over so the bottom is facing up.
- Slide and hold the bay module latch closest to the back of the computer and slide the other bay module release latch. The module moves out slightly.
- Slide the bay module out.
- Firmly push the new bay module straight into the bay until the latches click into place.
- Turn the computer over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel.
- If the computer is on, click OK to continue working. If the computer is off, turn it on.