Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I activate and use Hibernate mode on the Gateway 450ROG or 450RGH notebooks?A:
- Open Control Panel.
- In Microsoft® Windows® XP, from the Start menu, click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. If your Control Panel is in category view, click Performance and Maintenance.
- In Windows 2000, from the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens.
- In Control Panel, click or doubleclick the Power Options or Power Management icon.
- In the Power Options Properties dialog box, click the Hibernate tab.
- On the Hibernate tab, select the Enable hibernation check box, and then click Apply.
Hibernate mode is now an option that you can select on the Advanced tab in the Power Options Properties dialog box and in the Turn Off Computer dialog box.
Using Hibernate Mode
- To use hibernation as a power savings mode, open the Power Options dialog box, click the Power Schemes or Advanced tab, select Hibernate as one of the power settings, and then save the changes by clicking OK.
- To manually place the computer into hibernation:
- In Windows XP, from the Start menu, click Turn Off Computer, press and hold the SHIFT key, and then click Hibernate.
- In Windows 2000, from the Start menu, click Shut Down. In the What do you want your computer to do list, click Hibernate, and then click OK.