Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I install a secondary battery in the Gateway 450ROG or 450RGH notebook?A:
This computer's modular bay accepts a secondary battery. The secondary battery charges when the computer is connected to AC power.
Warning: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with a Gateway® 450ROG or 450RGH secondary battery. Discard used batteries according to the manufacturer's instructions. The battery used in this device may present a fire or chemical burn hazard if mishandled. Do not disassemble, heat above 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Centigrade), or incinerate. Dispose of used battery promptly. Keep away from children.
Installing a Secondary Battery
- If you are removing a DVD drive, floppy disk drive, or a memory card reader, verify that the module is empty.
- On the taskbar, click the remove hardware icon, . Click to select the drive you are removing, and then click Stop or turn off the computer. Do not put the computer in Standby or Hibernate mode.
Note: If the remove hardware icon does not appear on the taskbar, click the show hidden icons button, .
- Close the LCD panel.
- Disconnect the computer from the optional port replicator.
- Turn the computer over so the bottom is facing up.
- Slide and hold the bay module latch closest to the back of the computer and slide the other bay module release latch. The module moves out slightly.
- Slide the bay module out.
- Firmly push the secondary battery straight into the bay until the latches click into place.
- Turn the computer over.
- Reconnect the optional port replicator.
- Open the LCD panel.
- If the computer is on, click OK to continue working. If the computer is off, turn it on.