Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I recalibrate the battery on the Gateway M350WVN notebook?A: If your notebook computer unexpectedly goes into Standby mode while you are using it, but the battery charge is not low, you may need to recalibrate your battery. You should also recalibrate the battery periodically to maintain the accuracy of the battery gauge.
Note: Do not interrupt the battery recalibration process. If recalibration is interrupted, you must start the process over again.
Follow these steps to recalibrate the battery.
- Connect the AC adapter and then turn on the notebook.
- As soon as it starts and you see a startup screen, press the F2 key.
- In the BIOS Setup utility, use the TAB key to select the Advanced menu.
- On the Advanced menu, select Battery Auto Learning, and then press the SPACEBAR to select Enabled.
- Use the RIGHT ARROW key to select the Exit menu. On the Exit menu select Exit Saving Changes, and then press ENTER.
- At the Setup Confirmation prompt, select Yes, and then press ENTER.
- The battery recalibration process begins and a screen opens showing you the progress.
- When the recalibration has finished, and the message "Press [Esc] key to exit" appears, press Esc. The battery charge indicator now displays an accurate battery charge.