Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I adjust the volume on the Gateway M350WVN in Windows 2000?A: You can use the volume controls to adjust the overall volume and the volume of specific sound devices in your notebook.
To adjust overall volume level using hardware controls:
- If you are using external speakers, turn the knob on the front of the speakers.
- Use the mute and volume control buttons on the keyboard.
- Use the mute and volume control buttons on the audio control panel.
To adjust overall volume level from Windows:
- Click the speaker icon on the taskbar, then drag the slider to change the volume or click to select the Mute check box.
To adjust specific volume levels:
- Double-click the speaker icon on the taskbar. The Volume Control window opens.
Note: If the device you want to adjust does not appear in the Volume Control window, click Options, Properties, the audio device you want to adjust, and then click OK.
- Drag the volume level and balance sliders for the device you want to adjust.
- Click the X in the top-right corner of the window to close it.