Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the hard drive on the Gateway M350WVN notebook?A: Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Replacing the Main Hard Drive
Warning: Disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the modem and network cables, and remove the battery removing the hard drive kit.
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Remove the two hard drive screws.
- Slide the hard drive kit away from the connector.
- Lift the end of the hard drive kit furthest from the connector, and then remove the drive kit from the bay.
- If your new hard drive is already in the hard drive kit backet go to step 11.
If you need to move the hard drive kit bracket from your old hard drive kit to your new hard drive, go to step 7.
- Remove the four screws that secure the hard drive to the hard drive kit bracket.
- Remove the bracket from the old drive.
- Insert the new drive into the bracket so the screw holes line up.
- Replace the four screws that secure the bracket to the drive.
- Place the new hard drive kit in the bay and slide it into the connector.
- Replace the screws that secure the hard drive kit to the notebook.
- Insert the batteries, and then connect the AC adapter, modem and network cables. Turn on the notebook.