Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501666, 3501668, 3501673, 3501675, 3501677, 3501678, 3501802, 3501803, 3501804, 3501805,
Q: How do I add or replace memory modules in the Gateway M350WVN memory bay?A: This notebook has two memory sockets; one is accessible under the keyboard and the other through the door on the bottom of the chassis. The modules are 266/333 MHz DDR modules and are available in various capacities. Use only memory modules designed for the Gateway M350WVN for upgrading your memory.
Note: There is not a Slot 1/Slot 2 designation for the modules. Any module may be used in any available slot.
Note: Before beginning, review electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
Follow these steps to add or replace memory in the memory bay.
- Shut down the computer, and then disconnect the power adapter and modem and network cables.
- Turn the computer over, and then remove the battery.
- Loosen the 5 memory bay cover screws.
- Remove the memory bay cover.
- To remove a memory module:
- Locate the two clips on each side of a memory module, and then slowly press outward on the two clips at the same time until the module tilts upward.
- Pull the memory module out of the slot.
- To install a memory module:
- Hold the new or replacement module at a 30-degree angle and press it into the empty memory slot. This module is keyed so that it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, verify that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory bay.
- Gently push down on the SO-DIMM and make sure that the two clips on each side of the SO-DIMM click into place.
- Slide the tabs at the end of the memory bay cover into the slots in the bay, and then press the cover down.
- Replace the 5 screws.
- Insert the battery, and then turn the notebook over.
- Connect the AC adapter and modem and network cables, then turn on the computer.