Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I conserve the battery power on the 400VTX and 450ROG notebooks?A: While using the battery to power the computer, conserve power by:
- Dimming the display as low as is comfortable.
- Removing PC Cards and IBM Microdrive cards when you do not need them. Many PC Cards and Microdrive cards use a small amount of power while inserted, even if they are not being used.
- Modifying the power management settings for maximum power savings.
- Closing the LCD panel to turn off the display while you are not using the computer. The display stays off until you open the panel again.
- Using Hibernate mode for maximum power savings while the computer is not in use.
- Using the DVD drive only when necessary. These drives use a large amount of power.
- Recharging the battery often, taking an extra battery, and fully recharging the batteries before traveling.
To extend battery life, use alternate power sources whenever possible.
- If traveling internationally, take electrical adapters. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter. If you plan on taking your AC power adapter, also take a single-plug surge protector.
- If you have access to an EmPower in-flight power receptacle or an automobile cigarette lighter, use an airplane/automobile power adapter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- To find AC power outlets in airports, look for them next to support pillars, in large areas such as boarding gates, and under banks of telephones.