Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I recalibrate the battery on the 400VTX, 450ROG, and 450RGH notebooks?A: If the computer unexpectedly goes into Standby mode while you are using it, but the battery charge is not low, you may need to recalibrate the battery. You should also recalibrate the battery periodically to maintain the accuracy of the battery gauge.
Follow these steps to recalibrate the battery.
Note: Do not interrupt the battery recalibration process. If recalibration is interrupted, you must start the process over again.
- Connect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.
- As soon as it starts and you see the startup screen, press the F2 key. The BIOS Setup Utility opens.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, open the Advanced menu.
- Select Battery Auto Learning, and then select Enabled.
- Open the Exit menu, and then select Exit Saving Changes. Press the ENTER key.
- Select Yes, and then press ENTER.
The battery learning process begins, and a screen appears showing you the progress. The entire process takes several hours.
When the recalibration has finished, a "Press [Esc] key to exit" message appears.
- Press the ESC key. The battery indicator now displays the accurate battery charge.