Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
P-73, P-78, P-7801u
Q: How do I conserve battery power on my notebook?A: To conserve battery power while using the battery to power your notebook:
- Turn off wireless networking and Bluetooth.
- Dim the display as low as is comfortable.
- Remove ExpressCards when you do not need them. Many cards use a small amount of power while inserted, even if they are not being used.
- Select the Power saver power plan to get maximum power savings.
- Close the LCD panel to turn off the display while you are not using your notebook computer. The display stays off until you open the panel again.
- Use Hibernate mode for maximum power savings while your notebook is not in use.
- Use the notebook touchpad instead of an external mouse.
- Decrease or mute speaker volume.
- Turn off all scheduled tasks.
- Turn off auto-save features in Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Copy programs from CDs or DVDs to the hard drive so you do not use battery power by running optical drives.
- Use the CD, DVD, or recordable drive only when necessary. These drives use a large amount of power.
- Recharging the battery often, taking an extra battery, and fully recharging the batteries before traveling.
Using alternate power sources
- If traveling internationally, take electrical adapters. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter. If you plan on taking your AC power adapter, also take a single-plug surge protector.
- If you have access to an automobile cigarette lighter, use a power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- If you have access to an EmPower in-flight power receptacle, use an airplane/automobile power adapter or power inverter. Save the battery for times when you cannot use a power adapter.
- To find AC power outlets in airports, look for them next to support pillars, in large areas such as boarding gates, and under banks of telephones.