Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
P-73, P-78, P-7801u
Q: How do I set up the display and audio for a projector, monitor, or television using this notebook in Windows Vista?A: You can use your notebook for giving presentations by connecting an external monitor, projector, or television to your monitor (VGA) or optional HDMI port. This notebook supports simultaneous LCD and external display. Simultaneous display lets you control a presentation from your notebook at the same time as you face your audience.
Follow these steps to set up the display using a projector, monitor, or television.
- Turn off the notebook.
- Connect the cable to the projector, monitor, or television.
- If you are using the VGA port, connect one end of the VGA cable to the projector, monitor, or television.
- If you are using the HDMI port, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the monitor, projector, or television.
- Connect the cable to the notebook.
- Turn on the notebook.
- Plug the projector, monitor, or television power cord into an AC power source and turn it on. Windows® recognizes the new hardware.
- In the New Display Detected dialog box, select the options for the projector, monitor, or television, and then click OK.
- Press FN+F4 to switch between viewing the display on the LCD panel, viewing the display on the projector, monitor, or television, and viewing the display on both the LCD panel and the projector, monitor, or television.
Note: If a monitor, projector, or television is connected and you close the LCD panel, the notebook may turn off the LCD panel, but does not enter Sleep mode.
Follow these steps to change the audio output settings for the HDMI option.
- Follow steps 1 through 8 above.
- From the Windows Vista default Start menu, click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, using the default Control Panel Home setting, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Sound click Manage audio devices.
- In the Sound dialog box, click to select Digital Output Devices (HDMI).
- Click Set Default, and then click OK
Note: The default audio setting for your notebook is Speakers / Headphones.
You must change the audio output back to the Speakers / Headphones option for the computer to once again be able to use the internal speakers and headphone jack.